Given our litigious society and stringent regulatory scrutiny from licensing boards (whose mission is to protect the health, safety and well-being of the public), professionals must be vigilant in protecting their reputations, assets and their ability to continue providing the best possible service to their patients/clients. Architects, Engineers, legal professionals, health care providers as well as other professionals with extensive formal training need to be cognizant of licensure and regulation, a code of conduct imposing standards beyond those accepted in the marketplace, and a system of discipline for violation of those standards are particularly vulnerable.
In Peter’s 20 years of experience, he has assisted numerous types of professionals with serious liability issues including:
- Defense of professional malpractice claims and lawsuits.
- Confidential counsel for medical professionals on ethics matters.
- Risk management advice for the professional’s practice in an effort to avoid complaints, claims, and litigation.
- Expert witness consultants including testimony in disciplinary proceedings, fee disputes and malpractice actions.
- Analysis, advice and litigation of coverage disputes under professional liability policies and insurance claims.
- Representation before professional state licensing boards for complaints and disciplinary proceedings.